Wednesday 24 February 2010

School Visits

As well as writing and illustrating children's books I have always visited schools and libraries to give talks to children about my work. I have been as far north as the Highlands of Scotland on the 'Readiscovery Book Bus Tour', which brought books and authors to children who live in remote areas; and as far south as Portsmouth, where I was an Author/Illustrator in Residence in a city school for a short period. I have spoken in schools in the deprived East End of London and in wealthy Independent schools in the Home Counties. Wherever I go I find that children are fascinated by the process of creating a picture book. I take with me all the different stages of the work from first scribbles to finished illustrations. If you would like my contact details, to arrange a school visit, click on the following links: www.ncll.org.uk or www.authorhotline.com

No comments:

Post a Comment